– oversees and maintains responsibility for developing, implementing, and maintaining Quality Assurance for ECL.
– Oversees the regulatory compliance for laboratories.
-Responsible for establishing a process to routinely monitor compliance with all regulatory agencies including (CAP, DOH, OSHA, EPA, FDNY) through assessments and audits.
– Responsible for ensuring all deficiencies have the appropriate plan of correction implemented and sustained.
– Responsible for the Laboratory Safety Program and ensuring all labs are enrolled with the appropriate Proficiency Testing Programs.
– Works with staff, managers, and pathologists to maintain inspection-ready laboratories and ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
– Tracks all employee injuries and reports in monthly QA meetings. Initiates improvement plans
– In conjunction with the Medical Director implementing, evaluates and audits the laboratory safety program as it pertains to procedures, policies, and training.
Example: biosafety, chemical safety, fire safety, infection control
– Develops, maintains, and implements QA orientation program for pathologists.
– Identifies practices that require standardization throughout the department and refers improvement project proposals to the director for evaluation.
– Quality Systems: Ensures consistency of pathology quality system practices in all areas. Works with managers, pathologists and staff (through evaluation and project management) to improve daily operations as they relate to compliance and quality.
– Events: Monitors occurrence/incident reports and reports its findings to laboratory administration. Coordinates program to utilize these occurrence and incident reports to audit the department to find deviations, procedural drifts and non-conformance to policies.
– Non Conformances: Tracks non-conformance and its possible consequences. Works with managers and supervisory staff to develop and implement guidelines and improvement plans for improving processes and workflow if the department to ensure patient safety and quality of services are provided. Implements mechanism to ensure sustained improvement is occurring. Audits those tools periodically and works with managers and supervisory staff to redefine solutions if necessary. Reports findings to laboratory administration.
– Oversees data compilation for the department as it relates to quality assurance. Compiles and interprets data and identifies pertinent trends that need to be evaluated and improved. Identifies data to present during QA review. Reviews discrepancies with the laboratory director.
– Proficiency Testing: Oversees proficiency testing performance, result review, and follow up action if necessary
– Quality Management: Facilitates the preparation of formal corrective and prevention action initiatives including documentation for Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Failure Effect Mode Analysis (FEMA), and any resulting Performance Improvement Plans (PIP). Responsible for ensuring that all necessary changes have been put into place and have been measured for sustained compliance/success.
– Responsible to report status of projects at QA meetings.
– Laboratory Safety: Demonstrates knowledge of safety within the Pathology laboratories including biological, chemical, and waste management. Ensures laboratories are in compliance with regulatory, department, and hospital standards.
– Develops and implements policies and procedures, with ongoing development/modification as needed as related to regulatory compliance, laboratory safety, and quality. Maintains relevant records consistent with regulatory standards.
– Working knowledge of improvement methodology.
– Required Licenses: Clinical Lab Technologist-NYS
– Lean, Six Sigma certification
– Computer, Microsoft Office (Excel) and project presentation skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist License (Required)