Empire City Laboratories is a rapidly growing reference laboratory located in Brooklyn, NY. We are always eager to hire ambitious candidates for entry-level and experienced professional and technical talent. Empire City Labs is currently searching for a Laboratory Administrative Director to manage and materially participate in the operation of Administration.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s laboratory operations and performance.
- Ensure that testing systems developed and used for each of the tests performed in the laboratory provide quality laboratory services for all aspects of test performance, which includes the pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases of testing.
- Ensure that the physical plant and environment conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe environment in which employees are protected from physical, chemical and biological hazards.
- Ensure that the test methodologies selected have the capability of providing the quality of results required for patient care; verification procedures used are adequate to determine the accuracy, precision and other pertinent performance characteristics of the method; and laboratory personnel are performing the test methods as required for accurate and reliable results.
- Ensure that the laboratory is enrolled in an approved proficiency testing program for the testing performed and that the proficiency testing samples are tested as required by CLIA; the results are returned within the timeframes established by the proficiency testing program.
- Ensure that the quality control and quality assurance programs are established and maintained to assure the quality of laboratory services provided and to identify failures in quality as they occur.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of acceptable levels of analytical performance for each test system.
- Ensure that all necessary remedial actions are taken and documented whenever significant deviations from the laboratory’s established performance specifications are identified and that patient test results are reported only when the system is functioning properly.
- Ensure that reports of test results include pertinent information required for interpretation.
Ensure that consultation is available to the laboratory’s clients on matters relating to the quality of the test results reported and their interpretation concerning specific patient conditions.
Under the director’s supervision: Employ a sufficient number of laboratory personnel with appropriate education and either experience or training to provide appropriate consultation, properly supervise and accurately perform tests and report test results in accordance with the personnel responsibilities described in CLIA regulations.
- Ensure that prior to testing patient’s specimens, all personnel have the appropriate education and experience, receive the appropriate training for the type and complexity of the services offered and have demonstrated that they can perform all testing operations reliably to provide and report accurate results.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are established for monitoring individuals who conduct pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases of testing to assure that they are competent and maintain their competency to process specimens, perform test procedures and report test results promptly and proficiently, and whenever necessary, identify needs for remedial training or continuing education to improve skills.
- Ensure that an approved procedure manual is available to all personnel responsible for any aspect of the testing process.
Specify in writing the responsibilities and duties of each person engaged in the performance of the pre-analytical, analytic and post-analytic phases of testing, that identifies which examinations and procedures each individual is authorized to perform, whether supervision is required for specimen processing, test performance or results reporting and whether consultant or director review is required for specimen processing, test performance or results reporting and whether consultant or director review is required prior to reporting patient test results.
- Monitor utilization patterns of lab services and advises Leadership and other appropriate staff for developing trends in clinical service needs.
- Ensure operational adherence to applicable policies and procedures by all technical and operational staff.
- Advice negotiates, manage and administer all contracts into which the lab may enter.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Perform other responsibilities as mandated by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and any other pertinent local, state or federal regulations.