Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision and according to policies and procedures, perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides, for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s)
2. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
3. Ensure proper tissue processing.
4. Under general supervision, perform embedding and microtomy for select specimen types as defined by Histology Manager/Supervisor.
5. Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
6. Perform coverslipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
7. Under general supervision, perform special stains under approval of/at discretion of Histology Manager/Supervisor.
8. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of non-complex equipment.
9. Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
10. Adhere to laboratory’s quality control policies, and document all quality control activities.
11. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
12. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
13. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
14. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift/4 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Full Time or Part Time
- Must be Reliable
- Certified Histological Technician
Work Location: 229 49th street Brooklyn, NY 11220