* Organize, implement, direct and evaluate the histology laboratory operations and performance.
* Ensure that testing systems developed and used for each of the tests performed in the laboratory provide quality laboratory services for all aspects of test performance, which includes the routine histology, special staining and IHC.
* Ensure that the physical plant and environment conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe environment in which employees are protected from physical, chemical, and biological hazards. * Ensure operational adherence to applicable policies and procedures by all histology lab staff.
* Advice negotiates, manage, and administer all contracts related to the histology laboratory.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Perform other responsibilities as mandated by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and any other pertinent local, state, or federal regulations.