Pay Rate : $15.00/Hourly
Benefits: 401(k) Health Insurance, Dental insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid time off (Sick days, Vacation Days) Employee discount, Flexible schedule and Life insurance
Address : 229 49th Street Brooklyn, NY 11220
Job Description :
· Demonstrate service orientation approach by conveying courtesy, respect, enthusiasm and a positive attitude in work situations. Show initiative and offer assistance in the completion of the department’s work.
· Receive and sort (neonatal, pediatric, adult & geriatric) specimens according to the appropriate laboratory and priority. Verify that correct specimens and bar code labels are received. Share specimens as necessary. Notify supervisor of problems and request that need credited.
· Verify patient specimens such as blood, urine and other body fluids with requisitions, making certain that information on the specimens match the requisition.
· Prepare, package and send specimens, requesting mistakes and other problems.
· Determine that the correct type of specimen has been received for the tests ordered. Assign accession numbers.
· Complete quality assurance forms for unacceptable specimens, requesting mistakes and other problems.
· Separate serum and plasma from red blood cells by centrifugation.
· Label appropriate new tubes and pull serum or plasma off; store tubes at the appropriate temperature.
· Measure the total volume of urine specimens and enter results into computer.
· Aliquot and distribute urine samples.
· Enter all patient demographics, test codes and insurance information from requisitions into the laboratory computer system.
· Determine and enter the specimen receive time into the computer.
· Must exhibit excellent data entry skills by successfully passing a data entry test.
· High School Diploma or equivalent with excellent data entry skills
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Customer service orientation